Wednesday, October 28, 2009

CNN News: Pilots of wayward jet lose licenses

I found this story shocking and crazy. Two pilots from NWA flew 150 miles past the designated airport. During the flight there was a 78 minute period of silence between the pilots and the dispatch. The two pilots have been using their personal laptops. Therefore distracting them from the plane. Knowing that they would do such a thing scares me a little because i would not want to be in that situation. Pilots who do not pay close attention to the flight and the safety of all the passengers on board should be stripped from their jobs and have their licenses taken away. Having knowledge that pilots like this do exist will make me think twice before stepping foot on an airplane.

Link to article: http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/27/airliner.fly.by/index.html

4 comments:

  1. I think it silly how easily the pilots got distracted with their laptops, I agree that they should have their licenses taken off them

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is obsered and extremely dangerous that a pilot would be on his labtop and not paying attention to where the plane is going and miss his landing by 150 miles becuase he was distracted by using his labtop. I agree with you that he shuold be striped from his licence and lose his job. But lets just thank that even with his stupidity no one got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is shockin g to me as well. I would think it twice now before stepping on an airplane and now you can't gurantee the trust of the pilots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edgar, this was a terrible thing the airline pilots did, going beyond their landing because of being occupied with their laptops. This is an example of many of us who are too involved with our computer software.
    Keep reading!
    Prof. Westry

    ReplyDelete